Tuesday 3 May 2011

Shite on celluloid


Recently, I've had the displeasure to watch a couple of warmed up turds trying to pass themselves off as films and this got me thinking about my least favourite movies. So here's a short list of crap (just a top two at the moment - the rest in no particular order).

1. Grease - I have to thank my sister for years (?) of torture via the VHS tape of this abomination.
2. Moulin Rouge - Two minutes in and my finger was hovering over the stop button. Didn't get any better.

  • Ghost - Soppy, quasi-religious tripe with annoyingly poor actors.
  • The Hotel New Hampshire - I vaguely remember this as a boring mess.
  • Wolf Creek - No redeeming features (except maybe the landscape for masochistic tourists) and just nasty.
  • The Expendables - Colour-by-numbers plot, shit acting (of course) and an ugly sense of nostalgia.
  • Battlefield Earth - Not sure if this counts as I could only get halfway through.
  • Babylon A.D. - Derivative crap with a wooden lead and a cliched ending.

I can't really think of many more, as I guess I try to let the bad ones slip from my mind. In fact, most films I see are below average but the aforementioned really stood out as putrid examples.

Anybody disagree or care to help jog my memory of other turkeys?

No comments:

Post a Comment